What are you reading?

9.09.2011

There is a lot of reading going on around here.  Q is completely in love with books these days.  I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see her flipping through her board books with a big smile on her face.  Her current favorites are Love is You and Me, How Do I Love You?, The Napping House, and pretty much any book featuring animals.

I just finished The Help, which I really enjoyed.  I have to say I think Anne River Siddons does a better job with the Civil Rights era south, but for a first novel The Help was pretty darn good.  I can't wait to see the movie--I think it will really translate well on the big screen.

Right now I am reading One Day.  The reviews I saw for the movie were pretty bad (although I love Anne Hathaway), so I decided to grab the book instead because I love the plot.  In case you haven't seen the movie ads, it is basically about two college friends who have a one night stand and then every year on that day an update about their lives is given.  So far I am loving it.

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
3 Comments »

This entry was posted on 9.09.2011 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “What are you reading?”

  1. omg. have i not raved to you about that book?! i could not put it down. i even got dana to read it. the movie was superb! i think you had to read the book to fully appreciate it. xo!

    have you read the hunger games?! addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that The Napping House is one of her favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I finished One Day and I don't recommend it. :(

    ReplyDelete