Summer Parties: The First Birthday (Details)

9.27.2011

For Quinn's 1st birthday, I decided to keep it simple with a backyard BBQ.  That quickly turned into a party for 50 and then the simplicity went out the window.  Big surprise!

I got on etsy and found fantastic stuff, as you can see below.  All photos are courtesy of our friend Jeff Roffman (he is amazing, so check him out if you ever need a photographer!).  You can see more pictures from Quinn's birthday on his blog.

I decided on an alphabet themed party because Quinn absolutely loves it when we sing the ABCs to her.  With the help of Lindsay (lnzart on etsy), I created a custom invite with the alphabet theme.  

We were lucky and had beautiful weather, so we had the party on our back porch (our favorite spot for any event we host).  It was a wonderful day that we will always remember sharing with our family and friends. 



Front door

Lindsay made custom flash cards for me that I used a decorations on our back porch. 

More shots of the flash cards.

For party favors we gave alphabet board books and squeeze blocks.

Close-up of the party favor tags.

We got her alphabet blocks that we used as decoration for the buffet.
I displayed pictures from every month on the wall.  (I got the idea from my friend Laura)  I love how it turned out.  Such a cute way to show Quinn's first year.

 Another picture of the photo display wall.

Name banner that we put on Quinn's highchair for her cake smashing.  In true Quinn fashion, she played with the cake and studied it a bit instead of smashing it.  She is such an analyzer!  (This is one of my favorite pictures from the day.) 



share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
Add a comment »

This entry was posted on 9.27.2011 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply