10 years later

9.12.2011

The coverage of the 10th anniversary was everywhere this weekend.  The main storyline I kept coming across was how have the children changed in 10 years?  It is hard to imagine how you explain the attacks to a group of elementary school kids.  Heck, I had a hard time grasping it and I had just turned 21.  I think back to that day and realize that everything changed that day.  We all lost our innocence and I find that so sad now that I am a parent. 
During our football game on Saturday, they honored alumni who died serving this country since 9/11/01.  It was incredibly touching and made me very thankful for everyone who protects our freedom. 
I could go on and on about that day, about its impact on my family, about the people we lost, but I think I will end it here.  I'm proud of our country and I really hope for just a second yesterday every American thought about that day and how much they love this country.  10 years later we have lost a lot of our unity and I hope we can find it again without having another national tragedy.

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
Add a comment »

This entry was posted on 9.12.2011. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply